All LocketInn products sold by LocketInn or its Authorised dealers are covered by Consumer Guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. These guarantees are as follows:
- Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that goods are of acceptable quality when sold to a consumer
- A supplier guarantees that goods will be reasonably fit for any purpose the consumer or supplier specified
- Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that their description of goods (for example, in a catalogue or television commercial) is accurate
- A supplier guarantees that goods will match any sample or demonstration model and any description provided
- Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that the goods will satisfy any extra promises made about them (express warranties)
- A supplier guarantees they have the right to sell the goods (clear title), unless they alerted the consumer before the sale that they had ‘limited title
- A supplier guarantees that no one will try to repossess or take back goods, or prevent the consumer using the goods, except in certain circumstances
- A supplier guarantees that goods are free of any hidden securities or charges and will remain so, except in certain circumstances
- Manufacturers or importers guarantee they will take reasonable steps to provide spare parts and repair facilities for a reasonable time after purchase
MAKING A CLAIM
When making a claim under this consumer guarantee you are required to return the goods to the nominated LocketInn location (or Head Office) at your expense. When the goods are delivered to the nominated location you are required to provide us with details of the alleged defect provide and proof of purchase (receipt) from an authorized LocketInn store or distributor.
Upon delivery to the LocketInn location, we will organise for the goods to be assessed to determine (at our discretion) if the alleged defect is covered by this consumer guarantee.
Any and all defects covered by this consumer guarantee will be scheduled for repair or replacement (at our option) and undertaken within a reasonable period of time or will offer an attractive alternative solution.
- What products and services are guaranteed?
- Consumer guarantees on products and services
- Who to claim a remedy from
- Exceptions to guarantees
- How to Make a Consumer Complaint
- More information
Full details of your consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au
In addition to all the links above, the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a booklet called ‘Consumer Guarantees and you can download it here
If you have any questions in relation to this consumer guarantee, please contact LocketInn on 0402 324 276)or to
- This warranty is offered free of charge by LocketInn.
- This warranty is valid only for purchases made from an authorised LocketInn dealer, website or distributor as listed on our website Store Locations. The warranty is non-transferable and is not valid for products purchased from a dealer that is not accredited by LocketInn.
- LocketInn warrants to customers who purchase products from an authorised LocketInn dealer will be free of defects in workmanship and materials for the duration of 12 months except our Chains which carry a 3 month guarantee or otherwise as specified in writing by LocketInn at the time of sale. This warranty is supplementary to the Consumer Guarantee.
- The Manufacturer’s Warranty does not cover glass breakage or apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, abnormal service or handling, liquid contact, fire, water, by insects or vermin, damage which may have been caused either directly or indirectly by another product, or if the product has been altered or modified in any way, or if the damage was caused by repairs or service provided or attempted by anyone other than a LocketInn dealer.
If your item is outside of the Manufacturers warranty period and is not covered by the Consumer Guarantee, please refer to our Lifetime Replacement Policy
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To make a claim under this warranty, the customer must contact the LocketInn dealer from which the products were purchased or get in touch with LocketInn Warehouse:
Contact Person: Leanne Aldridge
Telephone: 0402 324276
The following information will be required with the customer’s warranty request:
- date of purchase
- place of purchase
- full name
- shipping address
- phone number
- e-mail address
- proof of purchase.
Warranty requests that do not include all of the required information may be declined or have a processing delay.
Upon receipt of the product, the warranty claim will be reviewed and inspected by LocketInn. If the warranty claim is found to be valid, the product will be repaired and returned to the customer or a replacement product will be sent to the customer.
All expense of claiming the warranty (eg. shipping, handling, postage, insurance) will be borne by the customer making the claim.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.